One thing I love about our house is that we live in a court. No traffic, block parties and friendly neighbors make for great summer nights with kids playing in the street. This is the first year that Rocco really is able to play with the big kids. I just couldn't wait until he was old enough to ride his bike and run around and play with the neighbor kids.
The other day he was playing with 4 year old twins and a 7 year old and they were racing bikes up and down the street; a first for Rocco. He didn't have a care in the world that he was last every time. The other kids were taking turns being the flag person and getting a break in-between rides, but Rocco rode in every one. By the time he got back to the finish line, the older kids were ready to go and Rocco would just turn around and race again. He was loving it.
There is a four year old girl next door and Rocco enjoys playing with her. They have been on a bike ride and have played tee ball together. She also taught him Ring Around the Rosie. I also had to tell him for the first time that you do not go into other peoples houses unless you come and tell Mom. Just because I am sitting on the grass outside, you must still tell Mom every time you are leaving the yard.
There are two other kids down the street, Rocco calls them "the boy and girl" we are still learning all these new names. They just put in a pool, so we are really looking forward to summer nights in the water. It is really cute because the girl is 7 and she just thinks Rocco is the cutest thing. She is really sweet with him.
Bring on the summer nights and playing in streets.


1 comment:
I love that he is growing up in a neighborhood like that. My street had block parties for a few years when I was young and those are some of my greatest memories.
Summer nights rule! I cannot wait for more warm nights. It looks like they might even start this weekend.
Post a Comment