The baby stage is long gone. My baby is growing up. When I look at recent pictures I have taken of Rocco, it is there plain and simple. I sometimes don't see it in the day to day life. I mean I see it in the things that he does, but not always in the way he looks.
But the great thing about this is his sweet smile is just getting bigger. His beautiful blue eyes with yellow in the middle shine brighter with every fun, interesting and praising moment. His healthy strong body loves to help in the garden and kitchen. His imaginative mind, keeps me on my toes and a smile on my face at all times.
I love the moments that I am trying to get a point across to Rocco or discipline him and he tells me things like he doesn't need to brush his teeth because he brushed them yesterday. Or I tell him he can bring one toy and he runs and turns to me and says 2-3. Or in his sweetest voice he says, "No thank you" to something I am asking him to do.
I love when I am laying in bed snuggling him to sleep and he rambles on and on about the lawn mower and how I shouldn't be scared of it, or lists of family and friends names or things about the day. I then tell him it is time for bed and he sighs and says, "OK Mom." I then give him a kiss and say goodnight. Rocco then likes to go in for more kisses. He pushes his cheeks into my lips so I will continue kissing him. When I don't he then turns his head around to give me kisses. It is the best thing ever!
I love how Rocco tells me he is happy.
I love teaching Rocco new songs to sing.
I love watching Rocco play with friends.
And to top off this Baby No More post - Rocco took his first shower tonight. Lately we take a shower with him after his bath. Tonight, just a shower. BIG.
No comments:
Post a Comment