What is your last name..Shelley
No your last name...I heard you it is Shelley
I found myself saying this a lot growing up.
Did my first solo road trip with Rocco last weekend. Jared was fishing with his uncles, so I thought I would bring Rocco up to meet some of his Great Uncles that he hasn't met yet.
Left around 3:00 am in the morning to Sacramento, so I could drive while Rocco was sleeping. Since he wakes up around 6:00, that should give me a quiet and easy ride up there. Jared left around 2:00 so I am not the only crazy one. Got to my sister Stephanie's house around 6:00, and so the day begins. We ate a bowl of cereal with Auntie and played with all of Great Grandma's stuff that Stephanie had nicely on display and at a perfect level . I said that he was like a bull in a china store and it reminded me of my mom saying that about Uncle Raymond. We ended up waking Austin up and making sure he joined us for breakfast. He said no at first, but I know it was just because he was still slightly asleep.
We went to breakfast and then Auntie went to work. So Austin, Rocco and I went to the River. I have been waiting at least 4 years to be in a river. I love the river. It was energizing to say the least. When I think about it, I can still feel the energy from the water. I think the river beats the ocean. Yep, I said it.
We enjoyed the sun and water and then went back for a quick nap. Austin was such a big help with Rocco and I enjoyed watching them hang out. Later we went to Rocco's Great Uncle Paul surprise 40th birthday party. That is where Rocco met his Great Uncles for the first time, Paul and Mark. We stayed at the party for just a few hours and then drove all the way home so Rocco could sleep through the drive. Yep, I was one tired mama.
Pictures:
1-4 River with cousin Austin
5 Uncle Stephen, Auntie and cousin Austin
6 Rocco sharing cheese snacks with cousin Austin
7 The Shelley's
(Linda, Uncle Paul and his family, Uncle Mark and his family, Stephanie, Austin, Stephen, Rocco and me.)






No comments:
Post a Comment