Daktari, RuBoy, Tao Tao, Shisharo, just to list a few of his names. This is our first cat. We got him when Jared and I first moved out together in 1996. Jared always wanted an orange cat and I didn't have a preference of what type of cat, so orange it was. I grew up with a dog and really wasn't around cats that much, so Daktari is my first true cat experience. He is now 14 years old and isn't in the best of health. I have enjoyed all the years of love and frustration this cat has brought me.
Three things about Daktari...
Daktari hung out with another orange cat that looked just like him when we lived downtown San Jose. We were driving home and saw this orange cat on the corner and I hopped out of the car so fast because we thought it was Daktari. (who was never outside unless we were home) Nope, it was his twin. They would hang out in the hallway in front of our door.
Daktari has been on the welcoming committee for 4 other animals that have joined the family. But by all means, he is not the MVP of the committee. He normally would just sit outside the front door and just stare at us with a mad face. He wouldn't come in though. He just wanted to give us the mean eye. Even if that meant he stood in the rain.
Daktari is and always will be a great part of our family.
Pictures: October 1996 with Daktari at our first apartment and Daktari in Campbell.



.jpg)

1 comment:
daktari is rad. animals are rad. the milazzo's are rad. :)
Post a Comment