Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sweet Smell of Success

Well, big news around here. Rocco is using the potty! For a while now I have been putting Rocco on the potty before we get into the bath. The first few times, he just sat there for a minute with a smile and wasn't to sure about it. He thought it was funny that I would move my eyes back and forth like I was waiting for him to do something.

Then about a week ago, Rocco did his first official business. He was so happy and proud his little body couldn't contain his happiness. We were clapping and saying "Good job Rocco!" He was so excited he had to give me a hug and then we would clap some more and hug some more. It was so cute. Then success again the next night before getting into the bath.

So yesterday I bought him his own little potty that he can sit on all by himself. Well, he has used it 8 times since then and we already seem to have a great schedule down. So I guess we are on the start of potty training.

My plan is to ask him if he wants to use the potty when we are using it, in the morning, after each meal and before the bath. If he wants to we will. But if he doesn't that is ok. Rocco is 20 months old today so we are starting somewhat early. I want to make sure we keep training positive and not to push it to much. So far so good.

Here is Rocco, without showing too much of his business, enjoying potty success.








No comments: