Tuesday, August 3, 2010

18 Months Old

18 months old and I am loving it. I am really enjoying this stage with Rocco. He watches us so intently to learn new things every day.


Rocco loves blueberries and usually picks them up one by one with his tiny fingers. Well he saw me take 5 blueberries and pop them all in my mouth at one time. So instead of taking one at a time from my hand he grabs a bunch and is tries to get them all in his mouth. I love to hear him say a new word for the first time. Although with these new words come words and phrases to which I can’t quite seem to understand. Sometimes Jared and I just look at each other to see if the other person has any understanding, but we just smile and shake our head no.


Right before Rocco gets in the bath he likes to take a run around the house naked. I can hear Jared in the bathroom tell Rocco to go show mom. He runs to me and I give a sexy whistle and he smiles and rubs his belly. Then he wants me to chase him. So I pinch his butt while I say I am going to get you and he runs room to room. This is one of the best parts of my day.


Rocco loves to pull his toys around the house and turn to say bye bye before he enters the other room. Also we have a new nighttime routine where we put our books away and say goodnight and then he walks himself into his room saying "night night". But before he leaves the front room he turns to either Jared or I to say "bye bye". When we are out-n-about and strangers say goodbye to Rocco he always smiles but doesn’t say bye until the person walks out the door, so they never hear him say it.


Every morning before Jared takes Rocco to daycare they share a bowl of Cheerios. Rocco calls them O’s. They sit on the couch and watch cartoons and take turns eating O’s. Anytime Jared has anything to eat, Rocco is right there to help his daddy eat it. He walks up to dad and say’s “um um”. His um um is his way of saying me too or I want that.


New Words:

Mama

Nana

Mimi

Pop

Moose

Bella

Knees

Poop

Pee pee

Milk

Snail

Remote

Boat

Stuck

Stick

Book

Broom

All done

Night Night


Took some pictures today with Rocco and his (empty) snail.





No comments: