Friday, January 22, 2010

My Pumpkin Love

Found this great recipe the other day and knew I wanted to make it. As I was getting ready to leave Jill's house, I was talking about what I should make for dinner. Jill said, breakfast. Well that is not uncommon in the Shelley house, so breakfast it was for tonight. I remember the pumpkin waffles and that I had all but one ingredient for. So, Rocco and I did a quick stop for cream cheese and breakfast was about to be severed.
Again, this recipe was simple, easy to prepare and yummy. It got my attention because the author of this blog talked about "The 11 Best Foods You Probably Aren't Eating" and canned pumpkin was on the list (A low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber and immune-stimulating vitamin A) and a link to the waffle recipe. Of course half of mine ended up with peanut butter on it, but boy was it yummy. Rocco enjoyed it as well and ended the waffle dinner with peaches.

I had left over mix and made more to save in the freezer for the mornings where I just might need something on hand, Sunday sounds good.




Recipe:
Pumpkin Waffles (Makes 12 4 inch Waffles)
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
4 Eggs
1 Milk
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
6 Tbsp Butter, melted

1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Sift first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the pumpkin batter into a waffle iron that’s been buttered or greased and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Serve with maple syrup or make into sandwiches filling with cream cheese and whatever other fillings you desire.

Recipe from Weelicious.com

Wait, I just read this recipe again, and I did not use buttermilk. Just one cup milk. Wow, must of been focused on Rocco and what he is getting into in the kitchen and not the recipe. Also did not use ginger because I didn't have any.

No comments: