The power of touch is beyond words. It touches the body and soul all the way to the core and then some. I have always understood the power of touch, but after having Rocco, and it's your child sending this energy to you, it's beyond what I knew before.
My Grandma Shelley sent our family years ago a clipping about twin babies. The story fit the Shelley's since my older sisters are twins. One was born healthy and the other was struggling with health. The mother insistent that they sleep in the same crib. The picture was of the healthier twin holding and touching the one that need the energy. It was beautiful and I remember it to this day. It was on our fridge for some time.
Rocco has the special touch with his fingers every time you feed him. No matter if it is in the dark of night or a sun lit room, his finger tips always demands that your finger tips touch his. It amazes me that he can find your finger, any finger, in the dark with direct connection. Then he likes to move them back and forth. It soothes and comforts him. If he doesn't find your's right away, he will touch his own fingers together.
It can be the lightest touch of Rocco's and I feel the power of energy, heeling, love and strength even it only last a few seconds. I cherish these moments as I know when he gets older they will not always be there. I love every moment that Rocco pinches me, wraps his arms around my neck, sticks his finger in my mouth, pulls my hair, digs his finger nails into my collar bone, pokes my eye, or just simply touches my finger tips. As I say many times a day, "Rocco I love you. xoxox"




No comments:
Post a Comment