
This is one of my favorite recipes. The first time I made it was when Jared and I lived in our tiny first apartment in downtown San Jose. The recipe comes from Jared’s mom. I always thought of this recipe as “fancy”. I told Jared the other day I thought this was fancy and he said, “It is not that fancy.” But I guess since I made this about 15 years ago and at that time the main meal was rice, mushrooms and corn, adding a great tasting chicken with capers was fancy. Plus I had never used capers in a recipe before.
The vegetable side is corn, red bell peppers, squash and broccoli.
Recipe - Parmesan Breaded Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 C bread crumbs
2 T Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
3 T flour
1 egg, lighten beaten
2 T Olive Oil
1 T Lemon Juice
1 T Capers
Place chicken b/w sheets of plastic wrap and pound to ¼” thickness. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, spices and spread out on plate. Dredge chicken in flour, then in egg, and finally in seasoned bread crumbs. In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Caper Lemon Sauce” Remove chicken from pan and add 1T of lemon juice and 2T of butter or margarine. Swirl to mix and stir in 1T capers. (risnsed and drained). Spoon the sauce over chicken.
Recipe - Parmesan Breaded Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 C bread crumbs
2 T Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
3 T flour
1 egg, lighten beaten
2 T Olive Oil
1 T Lemon Juice
1 T Capers
Place chicken b/w sheets of plastic wrap and pound to ¼” thickness. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, spices and spread out on plate. Dredge chicken in flour, then in egg, and finally in seasoned bread crumbs. In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Caper Lemon Sauce” Remove chicken from pan and add 1T of lemon juice and 2T of butter or margarine. Swirl to mix and stir in 1T capers. (risnsed and drained). Spoon the sauce over chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment