Thursday, May 3, 2012

Loch Lomond

We had a beautiful Saturday morning on April 14th and we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do for the day. Fishing at Loch Lomond had come up a couple of times but Jared wasn’t sure we would get out early enough to get a boat. So we went back and forth on ideas and I said, “We are going fishing, pack up and hit the road.” Rocco and I had never been to Loch Lomond before. I have heard about it from Jared many times as John would take Jared there a when he was young. The lake is located in Felton, CA. You drive up this small windy road filled with houses all the way to the top. Then it just turns into the park/lake. I couldn’t believe this beautiful lake is located at the top of this hill.

The lake was empty and we only saw about 4 other boats out there. We had a great time boating across the lake and take little fishing breaks. Rocco used a real hook on his fishing pole for the first time. Dad was on the lookout at every cast because he didn’t want to get hooked. We laughed a couple of times because it was such a classic moment. Rocco did a great job driving the boat and really enjoyed leaning over the side to touch the water. We didn’t catch any fish (again) but don’t worry we will Fish On! Here fishy fishy, I have a worm for you.












No comments: