Sunday, October 30, 2011

Camping With Friends

(Ok, I admit I am a little behind on posting)

We went camping the weekend of September 30th with the O'Neill's and the Cannons. Jared works for the O'Neill's and the Cannons we were meeting for the first time. We went to Big Sur which was our first time there. We had such a great time. It was really fun camping with other families with kids.

The drive was beautiful along the coast. I never realized how close Big Sur was to us. The drive was just under 2 hours. There was a total of 7 boys and 6 adults. Rocco had a great time fishing, riding bikes, tubing and hanging in the tent with the boys.

Pat made all the kids a crawdad fishing tool and they used hot dogs for bait. Rocco was fishing at the ledge and these kids came up and asked what we were fishing for. Jared told them crawdads. Rocco then pulled up his rope and told the kids with excitement that he had got a "hot dog." I told him no; that is your bait sweet cheeks.

The two older boys (9 and 7) were using the little kids bike's to go down this dirt hill. Rocco thought that was really cool and wanted to try it. It was good size dirt hill and Rocco charge that hill with confidence. Sure he wobbled a couple of time, but yet every time, pulled through it and rode it down. It was fun to watch this moment.

Rocco really enjoyed watching the big kids. Amanda Cannon brought a great craft for the kids to make their own boats to sail down the river. Rocco's boat ended up sailing the best! (thanks to Mommy's craft skills) He would sail it down and the kids would catch it down the river and bring it back up for another run. The last day Rocco asked to walk to the store with a few of the older kids (Phenoix 6 and Wyatt 7) I told him yes and to be safe. I walked behind them to watch him and got a little climps into my boy on the road to getting older.

We really enjoyed camping with these two families and can't wait to do it again next year.































No comments: