Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer List Check! - Roaring Camp

This was a day Rocco loved, loved, loved. This train is no little train. It is the real deal and it was great. We called the train Hiro since it was black like Hiro on Thomas. We had some time to kill before the train came so we shopped for some souvenirs, ate some lunch and listened to the grandpa singing and playing guitar.

Then it was time to get great seats right behind the engine. We were so close we could feel the water from the steam engine. It was great. The ride was just over an hour and it stopped half way through so you can get a look at the redwoods up close. Jared and I reminisced about our days of when we lived in Boulder Creek.

I love the picture below of Rocco with his hands over his face. This is when he noticed the train was going on another run after us and we were not on it. Also, love the classic face in the hole picture. Looking at this now, I should have asked someone to take our picture so I could of have been in the girl slot.

This was a great family day. I love Jared and Rocco and love when we do fun outdoor activities.










No comments: