Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pecan Waffles - YUMMY!


Jared said he wanted waffles this morning. I went on the hunt for a new recipe that included things I already had in the kitchen. No buttermilk in the fridge, that is ok, I found this great easy recipe and boy were they good. Both Rocco and Jared give this a thumbs up. I want to make these for my Mom the next time she is in town. She likes pecans and these waffles are sprinkled with them. Come and get it Mom!

Light 'n Crispy Pecan Waffles

2 eggs, separated
2 cups Milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola or other vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat waffle maker.

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.

Put egg yolks, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, oil and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.

Pour 1/2 cup batter into waffle maker. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans. Close waffle maker and bake until golden, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.

Click here for recipe from >> All That Splatters

No comments: