Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Party

We celebrated Rocco's first birthday on February 6th. It was a cold and slightly rainy day, but that didn't stop us from having a party. The house was filled with family and friends and the kitchen with lots of homemade goodies. I made Rocco's first birthday cake, cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches with love and little sugar. (and Grandma's help) The banana cake and cupcakes had no sugar at all. I was hoping the cake wasn't to bland, but I think the frosting helped with the sweetness.

I thought Rocco might cry when everyone sang happy birthday, but he was all smiles. He was a wonderful birthday boy and enjoyed the party and attention. He got ballons from Mimi and Pop and I think he held them for almost the whole party. Rocco also got to use the new family "Your Special Today" plate for the first time. My Aunt Lynn and Uncle Chod had one at their house and I thought it would be a great tradition for my family. Even better, Rocco was the first one to be special.

Thanks to everyone that came to celebrate and support Rocco on his day. Here is to another wonderful year watching Rocco learn and grow and putting smile on our faces and in our hearts.

No comments: