Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Fun

Today was a great family day. We all had breakfast at the table together, walked the dog, went to the Campbell farmer's market, went to the park, got in the pool and had dinner at the table too. Eating at the table all together is kind of hard at this stage. But today was a full family day for sure. Now Rocco is sleeping and Jared and I are finally done cleaning, folding laundry and packing things for tomorrow. Gosh, days are busy - not like they used to be.

But I wouldn't change a thing.

As I was putting Rocco down for bed, I can tell he is getting very used to daddy's way of getting to sleep, snuggling on the bed together. I love this way too, but I know it is not a good habit to start. So I wanted to get him down in his crib. So he tossed and turned for about 20 minutes. I could tell he wanted my face right next to his. So I picked him up for a quick snuggle and was going to put him right back down. Right when I picked him up, he put his head on my shoulder, then quickly grabbed my face with two hands and gave me a big kiss and put his head back down. I told him I loved him so much and thank you for the kiss. I knew he just wanted our faces to be right next to each other. Then down in the crib he went, sleeping like a beautiful baby. What a great end to a great day.

Here are some pictures from today!






1 comment:

doro said...

I am completely in love with his half faced smile. It always brightens my day just in pictures. I am sure it is a blessing to be a real time witness to it.

I love Sundays like that. It sounds completely perfect.