Monday, March 9, 2009

Rocco is RAD!

Rocco had his first trip to Santa Cruz last Wednesday. Rocco and I dropped Jared off at work and we went to spend the day at Mimi’s house. (Jared’s Mom) It was a beautiful day. We spent the morning at the house and then went to have lunch with Jared at Sweet Peas in Capitola. Sweet Pea’s actually catered our wedding back in 2000. They just opened a second location in Santa Cruz. After Jared got off work, we all had dinner together.

I actually experienced my first sonic boom this day. This is not crazy talk, check it out. I actually felt it too. I was up stairs feeding Rocco and I thought it was an earth quake. I asked Diana if a truck was coming up her drive way or if she felt it. She also felt the boom. OK, if it wasn't a boom, what was it?

We also experienced our first official baby sitting evening. Jared and I went to an art show in Santa Cruz on Saturday and we dropped Rocco off at Mimi’s and Grandpa Steve’s house. I must admit, it was a bit hard. I am so used to having him right with me. But I knew he was in great hands and I enjoy watching him spend time with his grandparents. We were gone 3 hours and I only called once to check in. :)

Today I got my official first smile from Rocco as I was making faces to him. He has smiled before during feedings when he is almost asleep, he likes to show me he is happy and full. But today was a smile from a reaction of my silliness. It was great. I tired to get it on tape, but he wouldn’t do it again. I kind of got a picture of it though.

Here are some new pictures of Rocco Long Legs Milazzo and a video of me giving him love.






















No comments: