My hobby is working out. I have been a member of a gym since I was 14 years old and started doing step classes with my Mom at Ronnie Lotts. Well for the first time in 22 years, I am not a member of a gym. But that is ok, I have a gym at work now and I love it.
Not a big treadmill runner, but I like the results of running. I usually run outside but my girlfriend Stefanie sent me this routine. Wow, I have done it twice now, but both times I am just shy at running the last three minutes, I usually stop running around 45 seconds. Next time, I will finish this and I will use Stefanie's power power power mantra. Takes about 30 minutes and a lot of sweat!
5 mins at 3.5 pace
1 min at 3.0 @ 4% grade incline
1 min at 6.0 @ 4% grade incline
1 min at 3.0 @ 5% grade incline
1 min at 6.0 @ 5% grade incline
now, repeat these increase intervals until you reach 15% grade. One minute walking, one minute running. Increasing your grade every two minutes (right after the minute run). If it gets challenging, cut the run portion in half - running for only 30 seconds.
whoa boy. i was beat! I had to do a mantra on the runs - "power, power, power"
Me after my run and heading back to my desk a sweaty mess, but I love it. 
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
TreadMill Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look beautiful after your run! Go Sheryl! I like your mantra "power, power, power." when I get back to the gym I'm definitely going to try it. Right now, I'll take the walks with Ava and playing/carrying her around as my exercise. :)
I definitely want to try this work out. I've had a lazy winter and I think my current energy level reflects that.
Speaking of lazy winter, all of our Christmas decor has been hanging out on the treadmill...
Post a Comment