This years party had a Thomas theme. So of course, I went on the search for train cakes. I found a very cute brownie train idea and started the preparation for the assembly. Thank goodness for my mom and family that came early for the party and helped me get everything together. I think I looked at the clock as the last dish was being cleaned and it said 11:59. Next year, I need to work on the getting ready schedule a bit.
Rocco had a great time and got a little shy smile when everyone sang happy birthday to him. He shared his toys well and enjoyed all the attention he was getting. As he is getting older, he really is coming out of his shell more. His favorite gift would have to be the one from Dad, his first fishing pole. He played with it in-between every gift that I ended up opening up for him because he was busy fishing. He also really enjoys the drums that Aaron gave him. We have also used the warm blanket from Auntie every night since the party. And we can't forget the trains and fire trucks he got!
Wow, to recap words that Rocco is saying at age two. The list is sky high, to the moon and back. He has a wonderful vocabulary. His top or favorite words/phrases right now are:
"Big Hug" - he likes to say this when you are telling him about something he should not be doing. It is his way to change the topic.
"Yes please" - he has great manners and says this many times a day.
"Macaroni and Cheese" "Cheese in it?" - ask him want he likes for dinner, or if just calling him for dinner and you will hear this.
"Monkey / Doug" - two of his stuff animals that he sleeps with. A sock monkey named Monkey and a old school pound puppy named Doug.
"Jobi Wood" - this is the type of wood the trains pull in a Thomas movie he has.











No comments:
Post a Comment