Sunday, November 15, 2009

Advice For Rocco























Rebecca is a childhood friend of mine. We met at church and spent many years growing up together. I used to play at Rebecca’s house and an hour later we would be bored and walk to my house. Along the way we would stop at 7-11 to get little chocolate football candies for 3 cents. Then after a little bit at my house, we would get bored and try to find someone to drive us back to Rebecca’s which usually didn’t work and we would walk all the way back to Rebecca’s. It had to be a good 3 mile walk one way.

We spent many years at girls camp together. One time, we had just gotten back from a three day hike and all the girls ran to the shower to get clean. But no not us, we went straight to the mess hall for lunch. Photo attached.

It had been about 15 years since I had seen Rebecca and come to find out we both live off the same street in Campbell. I got her email address and we reconnected after many years. I was pregnant with Rocco when we first connected and she knighted Rocco a hat and brought over dinner for us. The Mormons taught her well we say.

1 comment:

rebecca allison said...

i adore you my dear, and love watching you raise your sweet boy. he is lucky to have you as parents. dang i miss those long walks and $0.03 chocolate footballs :)